Job Title: Senior Accountant
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
At Portable Electric, we believe in a future without fossil-fueled generators. We believe the future is electric.
Portable Electric is a Vancouver-based clean tech equipment manufacturer, connecting teams to clean power all over the globe. PE designs, builds, rents and sells Voltstack® Power Stations – industrial grade, robust, clean energy alternatives to traditional gas and diesel generators that provide instant power whenever and wherever it’s needed. PE is actively providing clean energy to the film, events, and construction industries in Western Canada, while rapidly integrating into new markets throughout North America and around the world.
We’re looking for a Senior Accountant to join our growing team in Vancouver! The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller and CFO, and be responsible for managing the full-cycle accounting process.
Your impact as a Senior Accountant:
- Manage a full-cycle accounting process which includes: bookkeeping, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, cheque issuing, bank reconciliation, credit card payment, and financial statements preparation.
- Supporting operations and manufacturing as a functional accountant
- Respond to and resolve inquiries and issues related to financial reporting; provide financial accounting analysis & support for operational transactions and budget & forecast activities.
- Manage job costing, projecting costing and other project related tracking activities
- Inventory management and support with Just-In-Time inventory management
- Ensure accuracy of accounting records and invoices; review accuracy of expense classification on invoices based on local legislation.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Assist with month end journal entries, reporting and reconciliation.
- Help and support with financial reporting, budgets, cash flow, financial statements, and other pertinent financial activities.
- Enter sales orders, working closely with our production manager to manage cycle counts and inventory to ensure our supply meets the demand.
- Prepare quarterly and year-end financial trial balances and lead sheets.
- Manage and initiate purchase orders for our manufacturing cycle
- Work with vendors, banks, accounts and employees to ensure accounting procedures are met
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on accounting experience
- Experience in a manufacturing or related company with $10M+ annual revenues
- Ideally worked with a couple direct reports such as AP or AR
- Inventory management, cash flow, and operational support in a manufacturing environment
- CPA or equivalent designation is preferred
- Understanding of ERP platforms like Sage 300, Netsuite or other Tier II accounting systems
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent accounting & technical skills with attention to detail and drive for accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and protect the integrity of financial documents
- Strong detail-orientation, analytical, and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and prioritize
- This is a role working out of our Vancouver, BC office; however, we will consider candidates from abroad who are willing to relocate to Vancouver at their own expense
Equal Opportunity Employer
Portable Electric embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team of women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ and people with disabilities, that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills, where team members feel like they belong and our policies and guidelines embrace all cultures and beliefs. The more inclusive we are, the more successful we will be.
Start your Journey with Portable Electric:
Let’s make the world more sustainable together!
Apply now by sending us your resume! We want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Be sure to check our careers page to stay informed about all job opportunities at Portable Electric!